Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy Half Year

Half of 2010 is gone. Are you happy with what you've done with the year so far? Are you working to achieve something you'd promised yourself you'd do this year?

I can't say that I'm exactly thrilled with my progress towards my goal, but I can say I'm still working slowly but surely towards it. At this half-year point I'm re-evaluating my approach and trying to analyze what is and isn't working for me.

Have you set some goals for the rest of the year? Here are my writing goals:
  • Finish editing SF novel
  • Write synopsis for SF novel
  • Begin submitting SF novel to agents
  • Submit more completed short stories to magazines/contests
  • Finish first few chapters of SF novel #2 so I've got that started in case #1 sells & pin down ending of SF #2 so I can write a proposal for it if needed
  • Finish plotting dark fantasy novel
  • Write another short story related to most recent UF short story (maybe - I'd rather work on writing a novel, but I'll work on this as the novels stump me)
  • Revamp beginning of UF novel I began submitting last year
I think this list will keep me plenty busy this year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment