Right. So, lots of books are released either on the last Tuesday of the month or the first Tuesday of the month. So the last week of the month brings us two straight weeks of new books coming out. Let's take a look at what I'm waiting for, shall we?
- On the Edge by Ilona Andrews - Rustic Fantasy? (Cross between urban fantasy and paranormal romance, but some of the characters are country. Way country) - The first in their (her and her husband Gordon) new series. Another odd magic sandwich world where a mundane world (ours) co-exists next to a magic world (the Weird) and causes, well, weirdness. To give you an idea of how this works, here's my favorite part from one of the snippets I read: "Go brush your teeth, comb your hair, put on dry clothes, and get the guns. We’re going to Wal-Mart." Also, if you want some chances at free On the Edge books (and a Sony e-reader), follow these contest links: The Book Pushers and Bitten by Books.
- Temptation and Surrender by Stephanie Laurens - Regency Romance in her much-loved Cynster series.
- Doubleblind by Ann Aguirre - Science Fiction - Book #3 of Sirantha Jax.
- Demon Forged by Meljean Brook - Paranormal romance - The story of Guardians Irena and Alejandro. Yum.
- Lucinda, Dangerously by Sunny - Paranormal romance - The second book featuring Lucinda, the demon dead princess. It's an offshoot of her Mona Lisa Monere books.
- Shadowlight by Lynn Viehl - Paranormal romance - See my preview of Shadowlight for more deets on this one.
What are you guys looking forward to? Someone needs to chime in with some other genres here, because I've been woefully single-minded of late.