Monday, April 5, 2010

Yes I'm still here...

I've just been busy lately and haven't been making oodles of progress on the writing front. I finally got back to editing my SF novel today though, and after that I'm going back to see what I can do about beefing up my UF novel.

If you all haven't been to Agent Kristin's blog lately, stop over there, because she's been posting some Q&A data with some interesting agent/submitting questions in there. The posts so far are here, here and here.

In other news, I can't win the DABWAHA (Dear Author Bitchery Writing Award for Hellagood Authors) because Nalini Singh's Angel's Blood, which I picked to win the whole thing, got ousted by Larissa Ione's Ecstacy Unveiled. :( For those of you not familiar with it, DABWAHA is the romance reader's version of March Madness where they pit 64 of the best romantic interest novels of the previous year against each other for prizes and bragging rights (for both writers and readers). Now, I'm okay with Larissa Ione doing so well. I love her novels - they're steamy and intricate. I just really wanted Angel's Blood to take it. Next year, I promise that I'll give you all plenty of warning to go make your picks and vote for your favorites. They've got almost a thousand entrants this year, and I'm actually tied for 94th (or was last I checked) with - wait for it - Nalini Singh herself!!!!! Squeeeeee! OMGOMGOMG! Okay, back to the real world. If any of you simply want to see what it's all about, here's the DABWAHA link.

I hope you had a great weekend, and good luck in the upcoming week.

1 comment: