Saturday, February 28, 2009

Good News/Bad News

Yesterday was one of those days. The good news is that I'll have some more time to work on my writing and working through my TBR (To Be Read) stack. The bad news is that that's because, you guessed it, I got laid off from my full-time job. Seems to be a lot of that going around lately. :( Even worse? I really liked that job. Good job, good people, enjoyable work. Sigh. Oh well.

So I'm a bit bummed and don't really feel like doing much of anything right now. But it's important to always move forward with the writing, right? So I'll see if I can't get something worthwhile punched out on the keyboard today.

Just about the only thing cheering me up right now is that the new Nalini Singh book, the first in a new series, is hitting bookstores on Tuesday. Can't. Wait. It's called Angel's Blood and you should definitely check out the contest she's having over at her blog to celebrate. Can you say "Free Books" boys and girls? Ah, yeah! Admitedly, they're all romance novels of some sort, but you guys could certainly score some points for winning one of these great reads for your gals. Or man up and read it yourself! Even better is that she has a stand-alone novella set in the same world out in e-format right now. Angel's Pawn is currently available in KindleMobi PocketAdobe (pdf), Microsoft Reader and Sony Reader formats. Enjoy, because the woman just doesn't write bad books. Her Psy/Changeling series are some of my comfort reads. I've got a feeling I'll breaking a few of those out in the days to come.

I hope you all had a better end of the week than I did. Happy reading and writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment