Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Free Fiction? Sign me up!!

One of my favorite things that authors do nowadays is to post excerpts, short stories, deleted scenes, etc for fans to check out for free. So I thought I'd share some of those I've discovered with you guys. Go check them out and possibly find a new author to enjoy.

  • Since Nalini Singh's new series kicks off today with Angel's Blood hitting the shelves, let's start there
  • The queen of free fiction and writer how-to stuff is Paperback Writer. Go here and browse the right-hand column under "Freebies". 
  • One of my best finds was Ilona Andrews, verbal magician and writer of the Kate Daniels series (Magic Bites, Magic Burns, Magic Strikes (coming soon - can't wait!!!)). Just go to her main site and look around. She's got free stuff everywhere. I love the "Days of Swine and Roses" short story. 
  • Then you've got J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood. See "Slices of Life" and "Deleted Scenes" here.
  • Jim Butcher's next Dresden Files book is coming out in about a month and to celebrate, they're posting one chapter every week over at his site. He does this for every full-length novel release he does in the Dresden and Codex Alera series, so if you're a fan of everything Jim Butcher, as I am, you can torture yourself like this twice a year!

Do you guys know of any other authors sharing free stuff that I missed? Post them in the comments. I'm always up for more free fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment