Monday, August 3, 2009

When Characters Think They Know Better...

Psssst. Uh, hi everyone. This is Jayna. I um, probably shouldn't be telling you all this, but, well, I'm feeling a bit guilty and I need to confess to someone. And you guys all know what's been happening with Quint's book anyways, so it might as well be you, right? Yeah, so, Amelie's been complaining that she can't get Quint doing anything, that she can't seem to move him forward, and therefore can't get the story moving. She's got this whole theory about how he doesn't want anything to change and stuff. It's a good theory. Really. But let's face it: Quint isn't the 'look away and hope someone else handles it' type. If something needs to be done, even if he doesn't like it, he does it. He wants to get out of this situation he's in so he can get back to us where he feels the real danger is going to present itself.

In case you haven't figured it out already, the reason his story is dragging tail is my fault. Just mine. I thought I was doing really great with getting over my aversion to violence. I don't freeze up anymore, I can actually contribute in a fight, and I don't even spend the hour after a fight battling the shakes. Yay me. And then Amelie put Quint in this ridiculous situation where he keeps getting captured and tortured and then released and then captured again, and... you get the picture. I can't stand it!!!! I was completely unable to save myself when I was younger and now I can' t save him either! Right now his situation is okay. He's healing up, thinks he's free and isn't being physically tortured. I don't want to watch him get captured and put under the knife again. So every time Amelie sits down to figure out what to do to him next and how to progress him to the next point, I've been sending her these tempting thoughts about her SciFi novel. I think I really ought to apologize to Loranya too, while I'm at it, because I think Amelie is taking her frustration with Quint out on Lora. Poor Lora is getting in some really tight jams. Oh, geeze. There Amelie goes with poisoning Lora. Sorry, girlfriend.

Yeah, so, um confession is good for the soul, right? Even a fictional soul? I guess I've got to let Amelie get on with Quint's story soon, and just trust that things will work out okay. I just want him to be able to relax a little bit longer. Then I'll ease off. Maybe.


1 comment:

  1. lol! cute!!! you've really got to post an excerpt from Quint's story, im uber curious to get to know him more and get a good mental image.

    ReplyDelete