Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Progress?

Layoff = good for:
  • Writing (averaging at least 600+ words/day for the last 2 weeks)
  • Editing (actually got some done)
  • House Work (I washed baseboards today in our guest bath in preparation for painting - might as well not have bothered - you can't tell)
  • Sewing (Got another cute shirt sewn for our American Girl doll collection)
  • More time with oldest child (she can ride the bus home now, so we have a couple of hours together before the youngest gets home)
  • Meals (We're back to creating menus ahead of time, and I have more time to experiment now)
Layoff = bad becase:
  • Internet = EPIC time-sink (like this is a shocker)
  • Too much time to watch the stockmarket (Every percentage change is fascinating to me for some reason)
  • I actually have the time to wonder what the devil those people in Washington are up to with the stimulus stuff and bailouts (I usually don't care about stuff like this, and it pisses me off that I'm actually thinking about it now)
  • Housework (yeah - actually have to do some now. Gag.)
  • More time with oldest child (she's running me ragged! But I love her)
  • Snacking (the kitchen is waaaaay too handy)
I don't know whether I'm better off or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment