Thursday, June 4, 2009

David Eddings Has Passed Away

Sad news for fantasy lovers. David Eddings, author of The Belgariad, Mallorean, Elenium, Tamuli and Dreamers series, along with some stand-alone novels has passed away at the age of 77. This is a huge loss for the world.

Tolkein didn't get me into reading fantasy. Eddings and Feist did. Back when I was getting started, Tolkein was too tedious. Eddings seemed to be able to write for all ages. I got him when I was a teen-ager and even when I re-read his books today I find new things to appreciate about them. My older sister just asked for a set of his books for Christmas last year, and I was thinking back on some of his books earlier this week.

How tragic that he's no longer in the world, penning wonderful epics for our imaginations to romp in.

No comments:

Post a Comment